Thursday, February 16, 2012

It’s time to…

Show you a Valentine’s heart I needle felted.

006

I was again inspired by a pin on Pinterest. lol. I’ve been working on a couple others that are completely different but inspired by this one. You’ll see in a couple days. I love adding the embroidery to the needle felting. This heart is felted very firmly and is hollow on the back. I’ve been experimenting with contours. Hmmm…hard to explain…maybe I’ll take a picture. I’d like to frame this but I’m having a hard time figuring out what I want the background to look like. Any ideas?

I think there is so much we can do with this craft!!! I will be having my niece stay with me for a few days next week and I’m thinking of lots of things I can make her to play with. Play food comes to mind first.

Well, I better get to the housework. It NEVER ENDS! I’m also a little more behind than usual. Do you ever have those days when you just can’t seem to get going? I had one of those yesterday. I think this is one of the hardest parts of being a stay-at-home-mom…self-motivation. Then I’ll have motivation at the craziest times! Like, I guarantee you I’ll be cleaning the basement on the first nice day of Spring! Happens every year!! Or when I have to leave the house for the day or weekend I have an almost uncontrollable urge to start a BIG project-like “Let’s paint the living room!” Why is that? I just wish I had that motivation on a normal everyday kind of a day. Weird.

Happy Crafting!!!

PS: Mary, I loved your comment! Keep them coming!!!!

No comments: