Monday, February 20, 2012

I have nothin…

new to show you from my adventures in needle felting. I do however have an embroidery to show you that I finished in December…

003

I was in a strange place in December. I mean I was home but I was really sad…I’m not going to go into detail…but embroidery was the perfect way for me to cope! I was a Redwork-embroidery-machine!!! I think it is a lovely craft…you have to pay attention just enough to keep your mind from wandering down paths you’d rather not take. And yet you don’t have to make any “decisions” – picking thread colors is just the worst for me!

Nativity

Here is the pattern, I got it from a Yahoo group – either a Redwork group or a general embroidery group…can’t remember! Right click on the pattern and save to computer to save. And here is a tip…I figured out how to print the patterns directly onto the fabric…from my printer!!!

Step 1 – Iron your fabric. A piece a little bigger than a standard piece of paper.

Step 2 – Spray a piece of heavy cardstock with a temporary spray adhesive. I use this.

Step 3 – Lay the fabric onto the sticky cardstock and smooth out any wrinkles. Trim your fabric to the same size as the cardstock. (cut off the fabric hanging over the edges)

Step 4 – Print!!!

Disclaimer: This works fine in my printer…don’t get angry with me if it doesn’t work in yours – lol!

Happy Crafting!!!

PS: Mary, I’ve been looking through this blog – I think you might like it too! I also came across this and even though you probably know everything there you might find a gem of info! (smile)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your embroidery!