Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I guess it’s embroidery week…

008

I finished this embroidery today…and framed it today! Aaaaand…hung it…TODAY! Look out world I’m on a roll! Ok, Ok…it’s not centered perfectly in the frame and the frame itself might not stay that color…but this is a project I call good enough.

I picked up the frame at a thrift shop last year. It’s been hanging on the wall over my bed ever since then. Empty. And unpainted. Ugly.

001

002

Well, it’s funny how a project can get started. I had no intention of embroidering anything any time soon but I was on my computer to check and reply to emails and really, I don’t know how it happened but I ended up at Urban Threads. They have such cute embroidery designs! And this one only cost a dollar! woot woot! I guess you’ll be seeing a bit more embroidery from me in the future. I purchased three designs

Here are the other two. I’m going to do the one on the left in Redwork again and hang it above my bed – and the little monkey will be so cute in my daughter’s room…and my youngest son’s room…

If you remember a loooooonnnnngggg time ago I said I was going to decorate my bedroom. I’ve never decorated my bedroom. Ever. I’m 40 years old and I’ve never done it. To be fair I’ve never really decorated any room in my house…seems that I just pick stuff up at yard sales and thrift stores and that’s that. It’s no big deal…but the door on my bedroom is left open all the time and it is a room guests see when they go to the restroom. I’d just like it to look nice. So, one baby step at a time. I’ve been caulking the corners and now really am just wondering what color to paint the walls. I. Have. No. Idea. Cause I know it will stay that color for the next 20 years so I better like it!

Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, Thanks for the posts you put on Monday. Very interesting and I've tried alot of the solumel things before but found some new ones I'm gonna try soon! I just want to say, the best decorating is from thrift stores and sales. You could have spent sooooo much more at the fancy bouquets and you're the only one who'd know the difference.
(Hey, how'd the "Bluebird" turn out? I've been waiting to see it.)
Thanks again and love, M&M

Julie said...

Yes my dear you need to teach me to embroider. I would love something like that in our bedroom.
Talk to you tomorrow Kim. I drive, stop at Terri's, exercise and then come home. Along the way I'll chatter with you.
Take care and God Bless!!