Monday, May 16, 2011

Owls and bowls…

Actually, owls and coasters…

I came across this…

at The Graphic’s Fairy…click on the picture to be taken to the post. I left it laying on the kitchen table for a few days and as I had time I’d try my hand at drawing one of these owls. To my surprise my hubbie and son tried too! Anyways, even though they aren’t finished, here is what I’m doing with my new-found skill of drawing owls…

IMAG0169

IMAG0168

I still have to add the needles on the branches of the top one and I really like the bottom one better! I let my youngest son pick out the colors for it and he was spot on!!!

In other news…we spent Sunday at the land leased by a hunting club we recently joined…we now have access to 1,800 acres of forest, trails, ponds, swamps, lakes, and the mighty Mississippi…we also used the gun range and we had a picnic. It was heavenly!!! Here is just a quick picture taken with my phone.

IMAG0140

And it really doesn’t do it justice…I’m sure you’ll be seeing many, many pictures in the future, because we plan to spend a LOT of our time there this summer and fall.

I also made sourdough bread for the first time this weekend. I made the “starter” on Friday and baked on Sunday before we left so we could eat it on our picnic.

IMAG0171

I can’t find the exact recipe on the Betty Crocker website, but it is a pretty basic sourdough recipe. LOVED it! I will be making this again and again…if you like a crusty bread with a soft center this is the bread to try.

Well, I have a crazy-busy week ahead of me, I hope I can get some crafting fit in…but I always do seem to find the time…

Happy Crafting!!!!

No comments: