Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Graduation and wet felting…

Those two things don’t seem to go together do they? Well, in a way they do…

007

Here’s my girl!

015

And here is Pam…

010

Here’s all my children…geez they are getting BIG!

002

Here’s us – “the fam”… Abby used that smile for most of the pictures lol!

029

My parents came for the evening… my dad drove up from Iowa where he was working!

It was a great evening. I don’t have pictures but I had three girlfriends surprise me by coming for support and boy did I appreciate it! I surprised myself by not crying. I held it in. The closest I came to bawling was when I hugged Pam. That just choked me up. I’m actually choking up right now just thinking about it…

MOVING ON!!!

032

I wet felted a handful of the wool I’ve been cleaning. Just to see…it felted up nicely! Then dyed it pink…and now I’m adding a little red…don’t know if I like the red…but it is fun to experiment!!!

034

Then I felted up some of a wool batt just to see…and it also felted up great! woot woot!!! (This is a little pouch – I think the needle felted flower needs a little something in the center though…don’t you?)

036

And I’ve been working on this bag off and on…I think more leaves are needed…and I’m finding out I like needle felting branches! I’m not thrilled with the background color – it’s kind of a blueish white…maybe some more leaves to hide it!! The felting has been therapeutic…it keeps my mind off the future…I know I don’t have to worry about the future because God tells us not to worry and to leave it to Him. But sometimes it helps to keep your mind occupied with other things…wool fills my mind right up!

I think I’ve been posting about twice a week lately and now that the kids are getting out of school I don’t know what our new “normal” will be. So…I might be posting a lot more…or I might be posting a lot less but with more information in each post…again, that’s the future, I’m not going to worry about it…

Happy Crafting!!!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations to Abby! I loved meeting all of your family via the pics. Maybe a nice little button in the center of the cute flower? The bag is so pretty! I like the blue-white background... I thought of sky with wispy clouds when I first saw it.

Julie said...

That chickadee is so cute. You are doing so great at your felting.
And Abby, WOW she is really amazing and a terrific young woman.
Thanks for sharing. Blessings!!

Joyce said...

Congratulations Abby, and to you, Kim & Grant and the boys! How awesome your parents were there also. Seems like yesterday I held Abby as a newborn. Again, a huge congratulations!! Love, Joyce