Friday, March 25, 2011

Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas?…

001

I kinda liked this photo…

002

I have cut out what seems to be a herd of these reindeer, moose or whatever they are. They still need some major sanding but I’ll wait until the weather is nice. I cut these out for the Christmas Bazaar at my church that is held in November.

008

I envision a photo hanging from the branch under the birds…but first I need to find a bigger board to cut because otherwise a pretty small photo would have to be used… (Project for the Christmas Bazaar).

004

I found that there are bowls out there at the thrift stores that are just too pretty to paint…this one went right into my hutch!

006

012

I’ve been experimenting with some new painting techniques and really having fun! I should upload the “in progress” photos to show you the turns this bowl took. At one point I sanded off a big section and repainted because it just didn’t look right.

010

I’m loving this “weathered” look and have plans to try it out with reds and yellows… every time I try something new I learn something new.

This week was packed and so busy! My kids are now on Spring Break and we have some fun planned for the weekend…more busy…but FUN busy!

Happy Crafting!!!

No comments: